Hello, hello! I hope you are having a fabulous start to your week! This past weekend was a wash. The week-long rain storm we’ve had has put everyone in a lazy funk and we didn’t get out of the house much this weekend other than some dinner with friends Saturday night, and to go to my parents on Sunday.
*long post warning! sorrryy.*
Yesterday, however was a BIG day for our little family. Little miss Harlie started her very first day of “school”! ahhhh. We signed her up for a 2 days per week at a local church that offers 2 yr – kindergarten classes. There was only one spot left, and after I had been praying about it I felt it was just meant to be! It hadn’t really hit me yet until yesterday morning when I was packing her book bag and helping Justin make her lunch/snack. We loaded up and headed there, and once we got out and I said “Harlie, are you excited about school?” She said, “Yeah! We made it!” LOL. After meeting her teachers and getting the low down on everything and a quick tour, we both kissed her and told her we were leaving. To which she waved and said “Byeeee!” You get so many mixed emotions, like, don’t you want to cry and tell mommy “NO! I don’t wanna stay” or something?? But I was so proud of her for being a big girl and being so friendly to the other little girls for just meeting them. I’m excited to see her blossom and come home each day with news as to how her day went and what new things she learned.
Let’s go ahead and jump into what Harlie’s into lately. Her favorite toys, activities, food, etc. As always, if there is something I left out, or don’t give enough details on- just leave me a comment, or email me at email@example.com!
FAVORITE TOYS / ACTIVITIES
- IKEA TABLE. I shared this a couple weeks ago on my Instagram Stories (@thedresscode_) and had several ladies asking details on it. This is the perfect table for kids and toddlers to explore sensory play and get a little messy! It’s lightweight, so you could easily move this back and forth between inside and out. I first put some sugar in the big bin side and digging toys in one of the small bins. I left the other one empty for her to do as she pleased with it. Last week I changed out the sugar (I used sugar because I didn’t have any play sand at the time) for colored water, and she loved it even more! I also filled one of the small bins with water beads, and put her utensils in the other small one. After she gets good use out of the water, I’m going to put some play dirt in the large bin and give her some tractors and animals to play with. I’ll also more than likely move it either out to our sunroom, or outside to play with that setup! I also want to get these organizers that hook on the side of the table. And these are the utensils for her to play at this table, which are great for fine motor skills.
- BABIES. To say that this girl loves all things baby dolls, is an understatement! We can’t go anywhere with one at least one baby in tow. It’s so cute to watch her love on her babies, and tell them “It’s okay, baby.” followed by a kiss. So I’ve got her a couple things for her to further her play with her babies like this highchair, and this stroller.
- PLAYHOUSE. This was one of her Christmas gifts from Santa. She loves to take her babies inside, or to play hide and seek in it!
- CRAFTS. We are ALL about some painting, coloring, and crafts lately. I bought her this table top easel for her to put small canvases on to paint, which makes it easier for her. I also made a DIY color matching toy a couple weeks ago (see IG Story highlighted under “kid activities”) which I used one of these egg cartons I bought a large pack of. There are endless possibilities to use egg cartons for!
- BLOCKS. She loves to build Turbo (our cat) a house with these blocks. They are a great size for toddlers, and big enough that when you step on them you don’t want to scream! LOL
- INFLATABLE UNICORN. At first, she didn’t really care much about this ride on unicorn, but here lately she’s on that thing 3x a day!
- PLAYDOH. She loves to “play playdoh mama!”. This kit is a perfect starter kit to have a little bit of everything.
I’ve been wanting to make Harlie some balance beams that could be used inside and out when it’s nice out. I’ll share a picture below of what I’m talking about. There is an article about “risky play” that I found so good, and you can read about it HERE.
7:30AM-ish. Wakes up + milk
8:30 – 9:00AM. Breakfast
11:00 – 1:00PM. Goes down for a nap, sleeps 1.5 to 2.5 hours
2:30 – 3:30PM. Snack
6:00 – 7:00PM. Dinner
6:30 – 7:45PM. Bath + vitamin
7:45 – 8:30PM. Watch iPad + Bedtime
8:30 – 7:30PM. Sleeps
Pasta, Chick-fil-a (duh!), cucumbers, watermelon, strawberries, corn, peas, fries, fruit snacks, granola bars, apple juice, tangerines, grilled cheese (or as she says – a cheesy!)
DIAPERS. Size 4, will probably size up by summer
CLOTHING. Mostly 24M / 2T. She is a little on the petite side, so there are a couple pairs of pants (like jeans) that she’s still in 18M.
SHOES. This varies so much! Her moccasins are size 5, but tennis shoes are anywhere from a 6-8. Why is this?!
SHOP THE LOOK