Helloooo, FriYay! The hurricane, Florence, is making our ability to plan anything for this weekend a little tough, BUT I am not going to complain at all because there are already close to 500,000 without power. So keep everyone in its path in your prayers this weekend!
We do have to go to one of my best friend’s little girl’s second birthday party tomorrow. They are suppose to be doing a 70+ ft. slip-N-slide, so hopefully the weather cooperates! Follow my Instagram Stories (@thedresscode_) for all the fun lol. Then it’s my mother-in-law’s weekend for Harlie to spend the night. About 3 months ago we joined in the “routine” of every other weekend, his mama gets the grandkids (Harlie + his sister’s 7yr old daughter). They’ve been doing this routine for a couple years now, but she stays Friday night to Sunday. We just did the 2 nights for the first time over Labor Day weekend, and we didn’t know what to do with all that free time! haha. But because of the birthday party Saturday, we’ll drop her off afterwards. I’m hoping we can go use our Chateau Elan massage gift cards we’ve had forever!
OKAY- on to the topic for today, and enough with the chit chat!
So if you’ve followed along for any time now, you probably know that for my weekly fitness routine, I do FitBody BootCamp 3-4x a week. I occasionally will run and would really like to get back into mountain biking, but its just been TOO hot this summer. I wear my Apple Watch basically everyday, but sadly its on its last leg, and I really need to get myself a new one. I love it, but after talking with some of the girls in my classes, we compared what our trackers were saying about how many calories burned, etc and they were way off. I mean you have to put in perspective that the Apple Watch is made for telling time, fitness tracking, texting/calling, as well as so much more. So tracking fitness stats isn’t its main feature, so it’s not going to be as accurate as a device strictly made for that.
Here’s the top fitness trackers/devices after research:
#ONE. Garmin VivoSport $169
If you want a device with the most important feature to be “tracking” then this is it. It is water-resistant and battery lasts about 7 days! It has a built-in GPS tracking, and even tracks your stress levels!
#TWO. Moov Now $58
If you are in the market for a tracker, but don’t want to spend too much- this is your pick! Even though its under $60, it packs a punch in all that it can do. It’s waterproof, and has 4 out of 5 star ratings. It tracks swimming the best out of all the others, even your swim stroke types!
#THREE. Samsung Gear Fit Pro 2 $159
This is the best looking/sleek design among these so far. Its got fantastic tracking ratings, and is swim-proof.
Other misc health/fitness devices…
1. TENS UNIT. Y’all, I literally lived off of this when I was 7-9 months pregnant. Its great for anyone with back problems or even hip/neck/knee pains. It helps to relax the muscles and doesn’t hurt. You can use it around the clock if you want to.
2. DNA HEALTH TEST. How cool is this!? This is a saliva test that you send off and they send back detailed instructions for a diet/health plan that is best for your DNA/blood type!
3. NOKIA SLEEP. This is a pad you slip under your mattress that tracks your sleeping habits and is recorded in the app. Also compatible with Amazon Alexa!
4. BEATS HEADPHONES. These are the headphones I’ve been using for years, and are my fav!
Top rated fitness/health apps…
1. Couch to 5K – helps anyone get off the couch, and into their first 5K successfully!
2. MyFitnessPal – I use to use this. It allows you to track your food, and calories burned.
3. ACTIV-x – Community based fitness app, now has in-app coaching.
4. Strava – We use this when we bike, it is also great for running.
5. BBG Workout – I haven’t tried this yet, but I know TONS of women who LOVE this app. It’s like boot camp in an app, and has weekly goals and daily workouts so you never have to come up with something on your own!
And lastly… MY favorite, workout attire. What I basically live in.
As always, thanks for spending a few minutes of your day with me and prayers to all those affected by hurricane Florence! MUAH!