It’s hard to believe this time 3 years ago (yesterday) I was putting my dress on to be walking down the isle to Justin to say our “I Do’s”! Soo much has changed since then, but the love for each other has only gotten stronger.
I was starting to write this post earlier and when I went to my wedding photo album on my laptop to get the photos above, I asked Justin if he wanted to watch our video real quick. About 30 seconds into I could feel the tears coming. He’s like “Babe! Are you crying??” Yes.. of course I am lol. 🙄 I cry at everything now since I’ve had Harlie and my hormones are still out of wack haha. I actually hired my videographer THREE DAYS before our wedding. I kept saying that it was fine, I didn’t have to have a video. But oh my goodness would I have been so so mad at myself if I wouldn’t have hired someone. I have watched that video at least 20 times and will watch it about 50 more over my lifetime. So word of advise from me- Hire a Videographer! It will be so worth it and you’ll never ever regret it!
You can watch our wedding video, our “Trash the Dress” video, and our honeymoon/travel Vlogs at this link – RANDI’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL
So as 99% of weddings have at LEAST one thing that goes wrong or not as expected, we had several.. so here’s a few (not at the time!) funny stories about our wedding that even some of our family/friends still don’t know about.
- First, as we are unloading Justin’s dump truck of decor and things I brought myself to the venue (my uncle’s property), we almost stepped on a huge snake! It was literally about 50 feet from the ceremony area. I just knew I was going to be saying my vows when that snake or his brother or sister would try and crawl up my leg under my wedding dress! 😬
- Second, and THE WORST part was that the Tent guy, which was responsible for all the tables, chairs, linen, and dance floor was suppose to be there by 4pm on Thursday (day before our Friday wedding). After multiple phone calls, texts, and speaking with 3 different people he finally showed at 7AM on Friday, the day of the wedding! So we had nothing set up besides the bar that my friend’s dad had made for her wedding, and some decor I had made/purchased when everyone arrived for the rehearsal. Talk about sweating bullets… I was trying my best not to have a meltdown.
- As the Tent guy was setting up, my bridesmaids and I walked down to the tent area to see the progress. We then saw that the dance floor was completely not function-able to walk on. He tried to argue with my girls that I had given him a layout and that he just went where I said to put it. Even though he said that any other corner of the tent would have been 10x better! What!? So the groomsmen had to fix it themselves because he left after he was done setting up. What a joke!
- It started to sprinkle minutes before the ceremony, but luckily it stopped and I didn’t know about it until the reception! 🤪
- This has to be the funniest one… I barely ate on our wedding day because I was so busy setting up (since we didn’t have anything to set up the day before like planned).. I, of course, drank a lot throughout the festivities and on the way home in the limo I had to get the driver to pull over because I got sick!! I was so embarrassed but I made it out of the limo! LOL
- Lastly, we were so distracted and exhausted that we never even planned for the next morning, which was our honeymoon. We didn’t have a ride to the airport, and I hadn’t even finished packing the things I had to take with me to get ready for the wedding. We didn’t set an alarm to get up for our 9:30am flight (1.5 hour drive). By the grace of God, I woke up around 6:45am to use the restroom and realized what was going on. I called my mom and told her we would be at her house in 20 minutes for her to take us to the airport, and I threw what I thought was needed in our luggage. Long story short, we didn’t know you had to be at your gate an hour before your flight and we ended up getting to the airport 45min before our flight (which would have been plenty of time to get to the gate) and we MISSED OUR FLIGHT! There was only one flight a day to St. Lucia, so needless to say I was in tears. In my “Just Married” Victoria Secret White tank top. We called my mom and told her to turn around to come get us. Once we got back home, we realized all the stuff we forgot to pack including Justin any sunglasses, flip flops for the beach, a charger, and more! We ended up taking like a 3 hour nap and re packing. All in all, it was probably for the better that we missed it because we were so not prepared! Luckily, we had gotten a promo deal for our honeymoon or buy 6 nights, get one free. So we didn’t miss out on any money. We laugh now, but I thought the world was ending at the time!!!
Thanks for reading! Sorry I didn’t get it posted this morning.