HAPPY FRIDAY! I thought it would be fun to share some random favorites of mine that are all across the board. Some are new favorites, some are tried and true and won’t be leaving the list anytime soon.
1. Favorite Designer item: I feel like I should break this into categories, but I’ll keep it short and just have 2 favs, my black rockstud Valentino’s + my Hermes bracelet. Since the Hermes are so pricey, these are some super cute, less expensive options I’ll probably be grabbing one or two myself soon.
2. Favorite Date Night Restaurant: The Melting Pot, hands down. Since it’s not your average type of meal, I love that it’s so unique in the fact that you get to cook your food in front of you together and leave absolutely stuffed! So wear something comfy!
3. Favorite recent purchase: hmm.. I would probably have to say this Tory Burch bag. It’s hot pink but the perfect size (does come in 2 sizes). This is great as a mom to use as a cross body and still be able to carry a diaper bag if needed. A less expensive option would be this bag for $199.
4. Favorite Drug Store Beauty Product: As a professional makeup artist I’ve tried SO many types of makeup and especially mascaras. I’ve tried cheap to expensive and every time I go back to THIS one from L’Oréal. Even Kim K’s Makeup Artist uses it! I use the waterproof one also when needed and always on my brides.
5. Favorite “Me time activity”: I have always had it in my genes to be athletic. So naturally after having a baby I didn’t let that stop me from continuing my fitness routines. I joined the new local boot camp, and am slightly addicted! I love the challenge of it and the fact that I pushed two of my girlfriends to sign up with me! I also truly enjoy scrap booking, as I’ve always been on the crafty side.
6. Favorite Treat: Neither Justin nor myself have a big sweet tooth, but I do have one weakness- cheesecake. There is no turning it down if it’s in front of me. And I don’t want any toppings or flavors. Just a good ol’ New York style cheesecake.
7. Favorite Deal found this month: This clutch I got which was on sale that day for a crazy $7.98! So this girl bought three! One for myself, one to giveaway, and one to keep on standby for a gift.
8. Favorite Sunglasses: Tom Ford sunglasses was always on my list to get and finally hubby offered to buy me some. I just love his style in glasses so when we went to try on pairs, I couldn’t decide! I finally went with THESE and got the polarized option since I knew I would be wearing them so much and to the lake/beach. Here’s a dupe for only $12!
9. Favorite Lip Combo: So I’m not a huge lipstick wearing kind of girl- but when I do I usually stay on the nude to peachy side. My go-to is THIS MAC “peachstock” lipstick + LIPGLOSS. It’s actually a combo that suits any skin tone!
10. Favorite place I’ve been: wow.. this one is really difficult in the sense that the two I have to pick between are TOTAL opposite kinds of vacations. Justin and I both agree our honeymoon to St. Lucia was just incredible. I don’t know if it was the luxury part of not having to lift a finger, or just the chemistry and relief we had from being done wedding planning that made it so special and have repeatedly brought it up to this day. On the other hand you’ve got our Alaskan cruise we did in fall of 2015. There are no words to describe the state of Alaska. It wasn’t a lay out by the pool on “days at sea” or plan jet ski excursions. Instead it was more of sitting on your balcony (4 hour time difference) looking through binoculars for moose, whales, ice bergs, and the breathtaking scenery. It was the adventure of landing on glaciers by helicopter! If you ever have the chance to go- GO! It was never on my bucket list of places to visit but you can bet I’ll be back again one day!
Thanks for reading!